Acupuncture and Medical Diagnosis
Aquilia Acupuncture is a specialist acupuncture clinic and we are able to offer our patients a one-to-one, professional and advanced acupuncture service.
Based on these Chinese medical concepts an acupuncturist is trained in the UK to use unique diagnostic and treatment methods when providing acupuncture as well as other disciplines relevant to best practice in the contemporary healthcare setting. Please note, an acupuncturist does not provide a medical diagnosis.
Is Acupuncture Safe?
Lianne Aquilina is a member of the British Acupuncture Council. The following assurances are British Acupuncture Council (BAcC) standard:
- BAcC acupuncture members have completed high standards of training and qualification in traditional Chinese acupuncture.
- BAcC acupuncture members have completed a three-year degree level accredited course or equivalent and continue professional development.
- BAcC acupuncture membership training includes substantial elements of medical anatomy, physiology and pathology for the integration of safe practice, and referral to a GP if necessary.
- BAcC acupuncture members use only sterilised single-use needles, which are safely disposed of after your treatment.
- Lianne Aquilina is registered with environmental health council and abides by bylaws corresponding to the practice of acupuncture in England.
Health Care Authority
The World Health Organization (WHO)
Find out more about acupuncture as a form of alternative or complementary medicine on an international level by clicking this link.
National Health Service (NHS)
Your Choice Your Health. Click this link to read about acupuncture as a form of alternative or complementary medicine. Or for clear and structured information about your condition and standard treatment options that may be available to you.
British Acupuncture Council (BAcC) Research Fact Sheets
Click this link to read more about acupuncture from the British Acupuncture Council the UK’s leading professional organisation.
This organisation provides an overview of scientific evidence and also the scientific mechanisms of acupuncture. To find out more please click here.
Cochrane is an independent network of researchers, professionals, patients, carers and people interested in health. Researchers work with the aim to produce credible, accessible health information free from commercial sponsorship and other proposed conflicts of interest. Cochrane produces reviews that summarise the best available evidence that has been generated through research to help inform decisions about health click here.
Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority (HFEA)
This authority provides information for public health awareness and regulation of the medical fertility sector in the UK.
If you have any questions please contact us.