Established in 2005, Lianne Aquilina, Clinical Director of Aquilia, is a highly experienced and qualified acupuncturist. With 17+ years expertise providing individualised, patient centered, advanced specialist acupuncture for positive health care changes and wellbeing.
Lianne has a Master of Science in Health Research, a First Class Bachelor of Science Degree in Acupuncture, Award for Health, Life and Social Sciences and Certification in Advanced Integrated Medical Acupuncture. She will provide all the acupuncture treatments for your health care needs.
Lianne is currently a Practitioner Governing Board Director of the British Acupuncture Council (BAcC), the UKs regulatory acupuncture body awarded the Professional Standards Authority (PSA) Quality Mark.
Lianne Aquilina MSc BSc Hons MBAcC DipAyt Acupuncturist Health and Care Practitioner
Member of the British Acupuncture Council and Affiliate Member of the British Medical Society of Acupuncture
17 Years of Clinical Experience
“I am dedicated to improving people’s healthcare outcomes, by incorporating high-quality care pathways, advanced medical and traditional acupuncture in a very personable, highly skilled and professional manner. I review each patient’s case and provide you with essential information for shared decision making. I have over 17 years of clinical expertise, and look forward to helping you.”
Lianne Marie Aquilina BSc Hons Acupuncture MSc Applied Health Research Member of the British Acupuncture Council
Lianne Aquilina MSc BSc Hons MEMBER OF THE British Acupuncture Council BAcC DipAyt
London School of Economics and Political Science
- Leadership, coaching and mentoring to develop others, contemporary themes in business ethics, transformational leadership, leading diverse teams, culture of collaboration, character and ethical decision-making, 2022
Healthcare Research Lecturer
- Lecturer of “Critical Appraisal of Health Research.” City College Acupuncture, London, 2019.
- Lecturer of “Introduction to Healthcare Statistics: Results and Interpretation.” City College Acupuncture, London, 2019.
Research Peer Reviewer
Research Resource Briefing Document for Clinician's and Researchers
2019 Lianne Aquilina with Mark Bovey coauthored a research resource for health professionals and researchers “A review of the evidence base for IVF or ICSI and Acupuncture: Systematic Reviews and Meta-analyses.” A new resource for the British Acupuncture Council, UK. Click here for a link to the briefing document.
Acupuncture Research MSc Project Supervisor
Master of Science Award in Applied Health Research
- 2017 Lianne Aquilina was awarded a Master of Science (MSc) in Applied Health Research from the Health Science Department University of York, UK.
Lianne’s research included “A review of the reporting quality of key design and analysis components of cluster randomised controlled trials: a sample of monographs from health and education.”
This was a retrospective review of cluster randomised controlled trials funded by the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR), Health Technology Assessment (HTA) programme and a sample of trials in the field of education funded by the Educational Endowment Foundation (EEF). The consolidated standards of reporting randomised controlled trials (CONSORT) statement cluster extension was used as a benchmark for the quality of reporting of cluster trials. Recommendations were made.
Specialised modules included epidemiology, research methods, qualitative research in healthcare, health economics, designing randomised controlled trials, health behaviour, health and social statistics, measuring health and disease, principles of policy, practice and evidence base, systematic reviews and meta-analysis.
6th National Congress Visiting Guest Speaker
2017 Lianne Aquilina and her colleague Irina Szmelskyj were invited guest speakers at the 6th Congress on “Infertility and IVF” Italy for medical doctors and consultants. Topics included:
- Optimising Natural Conception
- Regulating the Menstrual Cycle
- Advanced Acupuncture for IVF
- The Social and Psychological Impact of Subfertility and Fertility Treatment
- Management and debate of Recurrent Implantation Failure (RIF)
Fertility Research Psychological and Social Management of Subfertility and Fertility Treatment
Lianne’s research explored the Stigma surrounding subfertility in society and healthcare. Lianne outlines implications and recommends management strategies as well as future healthcare and service research.
Coauthor of Acupuncture for Assisted Reproduction Textbook for Acupuncturists
- 2015 the book she co-authored was published by Elsevier the book is entitled ‘Acupuncture for IVF and Assisted Reproduction: An Integrated Approach to Treatment Management.
- The book has achieved best-selling acupuncture textbook in the United Kingdom, Italy, France, Germany, United States of America, Canada, Australia, and India (ISBN: 978-0702050107).
- 2012 she was invited by the British Acupuncture Accreditation Board (BAAB) to be the Accreditation Research Observer and Reporter for the accreditation process of the department of health of a Master of Science (MSc) course in Chinese Acupuncture, Southbank University, London.
- 2009 Lianne obtained a distinction for a Masters of Arts (MA) module ‘Reading Chinese Medical Classics‘ – a specialist module offered by The College of Traditional Acupuncture (CTA) postgraduate education department affiliated with Oxford Brookes University, UK.
- Lianne has published in the Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine/Journal of Chinese Medicine/European Journal of Integrated Medicine and is a Contributing News Columnist for the Acupuncture Now Foundation (ANF) USA.
Visiting Guest Lecturer Acupuncture for Fertility, IVF and Early Pregnancy Support
- Lianne is also a visiting guest lecturer to undergraduate MSc and BSc students on the use of traditional Chinese medicine and acupuncture in the treatment and management of infertility and IVF. University of Lincoln, and Northern College of Acupuncture.
Acupuncturist Lianne Aquilina MSc BSc MBAcC: Key Education, Qualification and Activity
NVQ Level 3 Diagnostic and Therapeutic Support
Qualified Nurse, National Certificate in Dental Nursing Speciality, Nottingham
Boston Healthcare Consultants
First Class Hons Bachelor of Science Degree in Acupuncture British Acupuncture Accreditation Board, University of Lincoln.
Award for Studies in Health, Life and Social Science
Obtained award and prize for Studies in Health, by Professor B. McGaw BSc Hons, Ph.D., C. Biol, C. Chem, FRSC, C, Sci. Dean of The Faculty of Health, Life and Social Sciences at the University of Lincoln.
Primary Qualitative Research
Qualitative research conducted on ‘The Therapeutic Relationship in the Dental Setting’ published by Palgrave in Chapter 10 of ‘Professional Perspectives in Health Care’, edited by Carol Wilkinson, USA.
Advanced Medical Acupuncture
Certified in Advanced Medical and Integrated Acupuncture at the Guangdong Province Second Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine, affiliated with the Hospital of GuangZhou University of Chinese Medicine, China.
Acupuncture Educator, Clinical Practice Supervisor, and Examiner, Lincoln University, Lincolnshire
Invitation to teach by the University of Lincoln’s acupuncture program leader as their BSc Hons Acupuncture Clinical Supervisor. Lianne taught acupuncture clinical practice for 8 years.
Lianne is a highly qualified and experienced acupuncture clinician. An acupuncture educator, visiting guest lecturer, and co-author of a bestselling international acupuncture textbook. Our patients can be assured of expertise and commitment towards your health outcome. Read more click here.